Friday, November 13, 2009

Cowen Park and Cowen Park Grocery Cafe.




It was a wonderful sunny day in the midst of a week of rain and wind, so Z and I headed out to explore a new playground. We headed to Cowen Park, which is just adjacent to Ravenna Park, a lovely wooden area with paths that cross through a shaded meadow. Cowen Park is a open area, with a nice playground, swings.. I would recommend this playground for more older kids than 16 months. If your child is like mine, he may be tempted by the numerous steep embankment drop offs the border the park, or the cool big kid gliding swing. (not sure what these are really called..) So, I spent much of my time trying to redirect my son away from the cliffs and fast moving swing and back toward the playstructure. But, that said, these two parks are great places to soak in some of the outdoors.

Just kitty corner from the park sits a cute neighorhood store called Cowen Park Grocery, or CPG. I think the cafe space is great, small and cute, with some decent coffee. I am critical when it comes to pastries, and I wasnt too impressed with the looks of the scones they had here, but that said, their breakfast options looked good. maybe next time, I will try them out. The grocery store is a cute corner store as well, a perfect place for picking up a few needed items. they also had a deli counter which could be much more than it was, but they did have a few ready made sandwiches.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment