Friday, October 23, 2009
Me & Moms, Firehouse Coffee
As Fall becomes Winter, I will begin to seek out the drive through coffee stops as well as the indoor play areas. I love the idea of drive through coffee shops, I just fear them. The naked baristas give them all a bad name, unfortunately in my eyes, until last night, when I did some searching on Yelp. I found a few that actually had rave reviews, so I look forward to checking them out in the days ahead. But, yesterday, I decided to swing by Firehouse on my way to Me & Moms. Firehouse is a coffee house that is kid friendly AND they have a drive up window. Before kids, I never thought why this would really matter, but now, I only wish there were more of these places. It gets the business mind in me going too. how can I incorporate my love for baking, with coffee in a kid friendly way without being too kiddy? Anyway, back to my blog.
I have been to the Firehouse play area and while small, it does have some toys in a separate area. Nice if you just want to get out of the house for a cuppa, especially in weather like we have been having lately. I opted for the drive through since my second destination was Me & Moms, a consignment store across the street. I can’t say enough great things about this place. I always find cute and original kids clothes for Z here and now that he is a walker, he gets a kick out of exploring the toys and push cars while I browse for winter garb. It is spacious and stroller friendly, and unlike a competitor up the street in Wallingford, Me & Moms doesn’t smell of dirty diapers and is clutter free. (don’t even get me started on this other place)
It may not be a playground necessarily, but it definitely is a place where I feel like we both get something out of it. I get to buy him some cute clothes at a great price. And he gets to explore a new world of toys. A win win in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
FIRST, please DO start a yummy drive thru that has delicious baked things -- plus a few healthy meal options please. Hundreds of moms and dads would be SO grateful. SECOND, if you love Me & Moms you should go to one of the big consignment sales with me next time. I have found SO many great items for Jeep and CeCe and often paid only $1-$4 each. LOVE great consignment finds.
ReplyDeleteI have thought about that more than once! yes, next consignment sale, count me in!
ReplyDelete