Friday, April 8, 2011

Jefferson Park and Toddler Gym, Delite Bakery




Yesterday was one of those April days where it was supposed to be sunny and it ended up raining. I am getting to the time of year where I just get fed up with it all and so yesterday, I said 'screw it,' we are going on an adventure anyway.
For me, the South end of Seattle is all sort of an exploration for me. I am not at all familiar with the areas, so I thought that it would be fun to explore a little. I had read good things about Jefferson Park and its face lift, so I decided to take the kiddos and check it out. Of course, by the time we got out of the house and pulled into the lot, it was pouring. Perfect, I thought. Why not check out the local bakery and gorge on donuts instead? then, we can revisit the park idea after? SO, we headed to Delite Bakery, just down the way. This place had some good write ups on Yelp, so I figured, what the heck? its a donut, right? We pulled into the unassuming parking lot and I have to say, I am so used to venturing into the gourmet croissant type bakeries with the fancy facades and outdoor seating, that I was a little hesistant about shleping the kids out of the car, through the rain, and inside. But, I am glad I did. They had many donuts, and donuts are good. and, these, were light and airy and delicious! the women running the place were quite friendly too, as we took over the place for a good 20 minutes while the rain came to a stop.
Then, we hit the playground. it is on top of a hill over looking the city with a vast open space and a nice playstructure of Kompani equipment. some, a little older than my son's abilities, but fun nonetheless. When the rain started up again, we headed indoors to the Jefferson Community Center, which is next door. perfect! it was a Thursday, therefore the center was open for toddler play in the gym. and, I now name this place the absolute best. it has 4 bouncy houses, so many toys, 2 of those car roller coaster things...tons of kids, but it seemed like there were enough toys to go around regardless. by far, the most cool toys of any Toddler Gym that I have been to so far...recommend! come sun, I will definitely be back at that park, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment