Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mighty-O Donuts, Zoka Coffee, Meridian Playfield.


Z and I have been reading alot of a book called 'Who Needs Donuts?' lately and its got me hankering for some, even though the moral of the story is that you don't need donuts when you have love. well, what is wrong with having both? is that so wrong? This combined with the article on Yahoo! about the best donuts nationwide had gotten my fires burning to go check out MightyO, so that is just what we did. Of course, I had to make it worth Z's time too, so we stopped at the Meridian Playground, which is just 5 blocks south. Mighty O is good and as far as donuts go, they arent too bad for you either. I did say, as far as donuts go. If you want a good cup of coffee, head next door to Zoka. I have only been there once, but the coffee was really good, so much so that the barista took a whiff of the pour to check for quality before pouring it into my cup. now, how often do you see that? Meridian park is a really great place too. I love that it is mostly enclosed, although right on 50th, so you feel like you are in a nice park and not, well, right on 50th. There is lots of grass, trees, tables and a nice playground for tots and older kids alike. I tend to forget about this park, as it is just a little further from my normal park walking radius, but now, with Mighty O and Zoka back on the radar as being a short walk away, its back on baby, back on.

2 comments: